WHO WE ARE
SwipeSense is a healthcare technology company on a mission to eliminate harm and waste in medicine. Hospitals use our platform to prevent infections, make better use of their equipment, and improve the patient experience.
We believe in the power of data and partner with hospital teams to provide them with insights to sustain positive behavior change and deliver a predictable patient journey. We value relentless experimentation, a locked-arms attitude, and a shared purpose to improve the future of healthcare.
Our vision is to be the safety platform for hospitals with a growing number of applications such as hand hygiene compliance improvement, asset tracking, and nursing insights.
WHO WE NEED
A well-rounded product designer, you are comfortable in all stages of product design including research, UX, UI, visual and interaction design. You have strengths in one or two of these areas, with an interest in all others and share our design philosophies of purposeful, human-centered design.
The Product Design team at SwipeSense plays a key role in ensuring that the right problems are solved in the right way, based on real insights and data. Our process is fundamentally human-centered, relying on regular and frequent input from our users and customers. The Product Design team at SwipeSense is the definitive owner of our user experience across all touchpoints and is responsible for creating interactions that consistently delight our users. As a product designer, you must place the user at the heart of everything you do.
We believe that good design is one of our core business differentiators and is critical to our mission of making healthcare safe and predictable.
Product designers at SwipeSense are the owners of the entire user experience for our platform. Product Designers collaborate with Product Managers in the user research and discovery process and are responsible for going from low-fidelity mock-ups, to high-fidelity design specifications and assets for the engineering team to execute on.
- Collaborate with Product Managers on user and field research to understand user needs and requirements.
- Integrate user stories, field findings, customer and business requirements into distilled scenarios and tasks.
- Create and iterate on low-fidelity mock-ups to rapidly evaluate concepts.
- Responsible for qualitative and quantitative testing of designs to drive selections and improvements.
- Determine information architecture and flow diagrams for products and features.
- Align and collaborate with the commercial marketing team to ensure brand standard and go-to-market fit.
- Create high-fidelity prototypes and production assets, incorporating delightful visual and interaction design elements.
- Create interface specifications and documentation to effectively guide implementation.
- Create customer-centric design to ensure easy adoption by all end-users, including those who may be less tech-savvy. An ideal design output must be seamless to use, easy to understand and must fit into end-user’s existing workflow and help improve their daily tasks.
- Collaborate and pair with the engineering team through design implementation of both hardware and software based solutions to end users. An ideal product designer must be able to understand tradeoffs between hardware and software and work with the cross functional team to ensure best overall solution delivery to the end-user.
- Engage internal and external stakeholders for feedback and validation.
- Responsible for company design language, and applying it to products and features, as well as to critical product marketing projects.
- Other duties as assigned.
- MFA or BA in Graphic Design, Interaction Design, Human-Computer Interaction, or related field. Self-taught candidates must have extensive experience and work samples.
- Minimum of 3 years of working experience as a product designer.
- Portfolio demonstrating research, user experience, UI, and visual design skills, with particular depth in one or two areas.
- Experience with human or user centered design process.
- Expert with design software for creating mock-ups, wireframes, prototypes, and production assets.
- Experience collaborating with developers, including creating clear specifications.
- Self-motivated, proactive, and independent.
- Nice-to-have: Previous design experience in Life-Sciences.
Please note: position is full-time, at our Chicago headquarters or remote. Candidates must be a US Citizen, or a foreign citizen with required work visa.